Restrooms in any facility are ones of high traffic and they require continuous cleaning. 95% of consumers surveyed said they would avoid an establishment in the future if they found the restroom to be dirty. Restrooms are a breeding ground for numerous infectious germs and bacteria. These germs are spread by the constant use of restroom facilities by customers and employees. A clean, well-maintained restroom promotes health and hygiene and reduces the spread of infection and diseases. This is vital in a commercial setting in order to accomplish this some key procedures must be met:
- Toilets and urinals must be cleaned and sanitized regularly to keep them looking and smelling fresh. The handles on the fixtures need special attention as people not only use them with their germs hands, but sometimes activate them with their feet.
- Stalls, cubicles, and areas near urinals must also be sanitized as people have touched the surfaces after using the restroom.
- The faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel holders near sinks are frequent touch points for people with germs hands and need frequent cleaning and sanitizing.
- Floors, whether they are made of vinyl or ceramic tile, need frequently sweeping and mopping. Grout between ceramic tiles accumulates dirt and bacteria and occasionally needs the attention of a cylindrical brush floor machine.
In restroom cleaning is essential to watch out for cross contamination. Cross contamination is the process by which bacteria or other microorganisms are unintentionally transferred from one substance or object to another, with harmful effect. Our employees are trained to carefully watch for cross contamination. Equipment and materials used in the restroom should never be used for any other cleaning task. For example, the mop used in the restroom should not be used in the lobby floors. Cross contamination is a top priority when cleaning restrooms because it can create many problems.
Other tasks in the restroom are:
- Trash removal
- Supply refill (Soap & Paper)
Jani Clean counts with a high quality product line used for cleaning and disinfecting restrooms such as Abadasin our best seller with a patented formula. These products are destroying agents such as virucides, fungicides and bactericides.